- Menon, G. (2018). “People Out of Place”. Economic and Political Weekly 53(12).
- Raghavan, V., & Tarique, M. (2018). “Penalising Poverty: The Case of the Bombay Prevention of Begging Act, 1959”. Economic and Political Weekly 53(22).
- Bagchi, D. (2016). “Street Dwelling and City Space: Women Waste Pickers in Kolkata”. Economic and Political Weekly 51(26).
- Jha, M., Kumar, P. (2016). “Homeless Migrants in Mumbai: Life and Labour in Urban Space”. Economic and Political Weekly 51(26-27).
- Anjaria, Jonathan Shapiro. (2006). “Street Hawkers and Public Space in Mumbai”. Economic and Political Weekly 41(21): 2140-46.
- Phadke, S. (2013). “Unfriendly Bodies, Hostile Cities”. Economic and Political Weekly 48(39).
- Bhowmik, Sharit K. (2003). “National Policy for Street Vendors”. Economic and Political Weekly 38(16).
Safdar Hashmi and the Theatre Scene
Vidyadhar Date | CounterCurrents | 12 April 2013
Reclaiming the city for street vendors
Harsh Mander | The Hindu | 03 November 2012
What happens when a woman stands alone by an arterial road in Delhi
Nandini Ramnath | Scroll.in | 08 December 2014
As Modi launches Accessible India, Mumbai activists put focus on safety of women with disabilities
Aarefa Johari | Scroll.in | 03 December 2015
Urban Journal: The Vanishing Public of the ‘World Class City’
Matias Echanove and Rahul Srivastava | The Wall Street Journal | 29 May 2011
Centre Allows Transgender People to Use Public Toilets of Their Choice
The Wire | 5 April 2017
As Indian cities grow more diverse, public services shun inclusiveness
Samar Halankar | Hindustan Times | 28 September 2016
Sleeping Under the Stars on the Footpaths of Sultry Mumbai
Mustansir Dalvi | The Wire | 17 May 2015
Can the Safecity app make Delhi safer for women?
Ellie Violet Bramley | The Guardian | 13 April 2015
Technology and the Commons
Josh Tenenberg | Countercurrents | 17 August 2016
Property Rights of Street Vendors
Amit Chandra and Rahul Jain | Centre for Civil Society | June 2015
Road Design: Why do Indian cities never get it right?
Ruchita Bansal | Down to Earth | 19 November 2014
When Streets get Smart
Amita BhaduriIndia | Water Portal | 17 April 2017
Mapping India’s Streets the Smart Way
Geospacial World | 5 September 2016
No Country for the Underprivileged: Govt’s Infrastructure Push Has Urban Poor Fighting for Homes
The Wire | 26 February 2018
Elites of state pushing street vendors out of livelihood by evicting them to peripheries
Nirupama | The Economic Times | 17 May 17 2016
How We Define the Street
Jonathan Shapiro Anjaria | The Indian Express | 10 March 2014
Urban India’s paradox: The homeless risk death daily on the streets even as shelters remain empty
Manipadma Jena | Scroll.in | 18 November 2017
Half of India’s Homeless Children are Labourers
Prachi Salve & Saumya Tewari | India Spend | 29 April 2016
Delhi’s homeless prefer to sleep in the freezing cold than in government shelters
Harsh Mander | Quartz India | 28 December 2015
India’s slum kid reporters tell stories of street life
Zainab Sultan | Al Jazeera | 27 December 2015
Hyderabad aims to be beggar-free but many of the rescued don’t want rehabilitation
Nitin B | NewsMinute | 16 December 2017
Choiceless on Streets: Need Assessment Of Homeless in Mumbai
Bombay Urban Industrial League for Development (BUILD)
Where the Streets have no Name
Sai Kumar | The Hindu | 18 January 2016
Staging real lives: A theatre group acts out centuries of atrocities against denotified tribes
Mridula Chari | Scroll.in | 25 April 2015
Good Girls Don’t Loiter
Ditilekha Sharma | Infochange India | April 2013
Violence and Disabled Women
Richa Kaul Padte | Infochange India | January 2013
Uber Installs Panic Buttons and Feminists Call for Freedom from Fear
Lea Goelnitz | Stop Street Harrasment | 23 November 2016